Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Storm

Lord,

When I can see the storm coming and I need to remaining full of trust, hold my hand.


Help me to be like the other apostles who stayed in the boat and simply waited for you as you walked on the water toward them.  Yes, Peter got out of the boat and walked on the water toward You, but You were walking toward the boat anyway.  Keep my faith steady, for the waters will calm and the storm will subside as You approach. 



I know that You blow the clouds away when it is your will, and you leave the storm where it is when it is your will. I needn't know why or when or how but only that You draw near.


Help me, Lord, to always seek your Light.  You are there, ready to walk across the waters toward me, ready to embrace me.

Help me to keep my eyes fixed on You and not the storm.  I am a sky gazer, and I need help keeping my eyes fixed where they should be fixed!

Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment