Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Rest

Lord,

Please teach me to sleep and to make time for it.  Thank you for building into my design that I get blurry eyed when I absolutely must sleep.  I'd rather that than to have health problems from not sleeping.


Teach me to see the signs through my stubborn pride that I must take time for rest.  I do not have the answers.  I cannot always make up for things by staying up a few extra hours, working a few extra hours, etc.


Help me to recognize and acknowledge when the answer is to cut things out of my life that don't lead me to You rather than trying to fit everything in just because I'm attached to unnecessary things. Help me to see that it is only in embracing You that I will find fulfillment.  Everything else is clutter.


Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment