Thursday, September 22, 2011

Your Will

Lord,

Help me to accept your will, even when I don't understand it.  If it be your will that I have spasms and move in a way that is foreign to me, then so be it.



If it be your will that I shed unnecessary parts of my life that I think are wonderful but that are not pleasing to You, then so be it.


If it be your will that I shed expectations about what I'm supposed to carry with me on this journey of life, then so be it.


If it be your will that I don't understand your will and must wander around in the dark for awhile, so be it.


If it be your will that I fight sadness, loneliness, and fatigue, so be it. 




But when it is time and when it is your will that others help me, I pray for the humility to accept others' efforts. 




Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment