Friday, September 23, 2011

Seeing What's Hiding

Lord,

Help me to see the good that sometimes hides.  Give me eyes to see it, for it is so much easier to sink into sadness than to always look for the good in others and the good you have placed within me.  Help me to turn the leaves over to see it and be willing to stir up my mind to never settle for sadness when You mean for me to see something else.


Help me to remember that I am a sinner and never better than anyone else.


Help me to learn how to reach out, even when it hurts.  Help me to also respect other people's space.


Lord,

Purge from me all those things that keep me from clinging to You, trusting You, and seeing You in others.  Purge from me all those things that keep me from treating everyone as if they were You.


Help me to see that no one is a waste of time because everyone was created by You, and You seek everyone to choose to be near You.


Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment