Friday, September 9, 2011

Crack Me Open

Lord,

Crack me open so that I let You in rather than running away when I am afraid, tired, or stubborn.


Let your Spirit flow within me so that I might always seek to know You better.


Show me that there are places to rest along the journey of walking with You and toward You while picking up my cross and following You.


When I rest in You, help me to remember that it is ok to truly rest; I don't have to keep one eye open while looking for danger like those who rest in only the world must do.


Lord,

Help me to remember that it is wonderful to stand out from the crowd if I am standing out for You.


For even though there are thorns that come with standing out and standing up for You, there is great beauty and reward.


Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment