Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Good Things

Lord,

Help me to see You in all good things.


Help me to see that green is not to remind me always of envy or money, but of your creation.


Lord,

Help me to remember that white is not only the color of purity, but of your blossoms.


Purple is not only the color of Kings but of your fragrance.


Lord,

Help me to remember that the setting and rising of the sun and moon are for many reasons, but also to remind me of your presence.




Lord,

Help me to see you in even the smallest of things, in the things others overlook.





Lord,

Keep my mind on how you provide for me, on the clothes of the lilies of the field.  Take my anxiety away on things like what tomorrow will hold, clothing, food, shelter, my JOB.



For not even Solomon, in all of his splendor was dressed as one of these...


Or these...



Or these...


Lord,

Point me to your forgiveness.


And to your mercy.


Keep me upright in your eyes.


Lord,

Thank you for showing me your colors today.  Thank you for giving me the opportunity to capture some of them with my camera (cell phone).  Thank you for giving me a steady hand as I snapped pictures.  Thank you for not allowing my muscle spasms to interfere with my pictures.



Thank you again, my Lord, for a steady hand during these moments of my day.



Thank you, my God, for steady hands for most of the day while I worked at my job.



Thank you, Lord, for guiding my mind to seek You and to want to know You.  Give me the will to do so all the days of my life.


Lord, teach me your ways.  Guide me as I practice, and practice, and practice.


Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment