Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Focus

Dear Lord,

Since I'll have my head down and working for longer than normal today, please give me colors.


For when I see colors, I see You.  Who else can make such colors?


Lord, let me be awed by your creation.  When I am awed, I forget about my muscle spasms.  :-)


When I am awed, I must think about how the work I do is valuable because just as You made colors, You made me.



Just as You made colors, You made those around me.  All those around me.  Not just the people I like.


You made everyone beautiful, even when I don't see the beauty.  I must still treat everyone as beautiful.


I must always remember that You died on the cross for the sake of everyone's salvation, so I mustn't ever judge myself more worthy than another.  We all make choices and then make more choices and then make more choices.


Lord,

Help me to stay focused today.  Focused on my work.  Focused on my driving.  Focused on staying awake.  Most importantly, focused on seeing You in others.


Lord,

Hold my hand today.  I am in need of a Companion today, especially as these jerks/spasms continue to get worse every day.  Hold my hand and let me focus on You rather than the electricity everywhere in my body.


Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment