Monday, August 29, 2011

False Weariness

Lord,

Please help my body to be calm, even as there is movement all around me.  And, if it be Your will that my body not be calm and continue jerking, them give me the patience, focus, and mental and physical stamina to function.


Let me see your Light, especially when I am tempted to see only the darkness around me.



Help me to have steady hands when the time is right for steady hands.


Lord,

Help me to stay awake today and to do your work.  Help me to see You all around me so that I am not tempted to focus on myself when I should be focused on doing your work for others.



Help me to look for You even when I don't immediately see You.


Help me to be your humble servant, Lord, for I am always so very tempted to be my own servant.  Sometimes I feel battered when I serve You.  Help me to see that this is nothing more than a temptation to turn from you and not true weariness.  It is an illusion that I must see for what it is.


Thank you for this day, my Lord and my God, lover of my soul.

Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment