Monday, August 1, 2011

Little Things

Lord,

I pray that I might always see the little things.


Help me to follow the way of little things.  They move in different ways than larger things.


Little things must avoid the dangers, pitfalls, and stompings of larger things.  Oh, Lord Jesus, if only I could look above to avoid the stompings of larger things!  I would always seek your Face when avoiding the pitfalls and perils of these stompings.


Lord, let me not be stung by false joy, but rather rejoice in You as you are in all good things. 



Let me see your beauty, as your colors are marvelous.  Your creation sings to me.  Let my ears be open to your voice in the vibrancy of your creation.


Ears!  Work with my eyes to see!  Lord, help my ears to work with my eyes.

Lord,

Help my tongue to sing together with my ears and eyes, for too often they are not together in your ways.



Lord,

Let me drink in the beauty of your creation, for it is a full cup.  It is a cup you have given to me over and over again.  It overflows with the spectacular colors of your creation.


Let me not see false beauty in myself, but the true beauty that You have placed within me.  Let me sparkle, but not of my own light but of your light.  Let your sparkle be a vibrant light for others, even as I struggle toward You.


Lord,

Clothe me with your colors and help me to avoid vanity.


Lord,

Help me to remember that without You, I have no shelter.  I am nothing but a slug without the house of the snail.


Lord,

Help me remember today to listen.  It is my job to listen.  Let me listen with both my ears and my eyes, for I want to see You today.


Lord,

Let me see your colors today, for your colors are in all of your creation.  Your colors are free, yet I spend money on false colors, on false vibrancy, on false majesty.  Open me, oh Lord.  I wish to be opened.


Let me hold your colorful hand today, my Friend.

Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment