Sunday, July 31, 2011

Let Your Light Shine in Me

Dear Lord,

Let your light shine in me. 


Let your light shine through me.


Let me see your light as it shines around me.


Let me open my eyes to your light so that I always see it rather than walking beneath it, around it, beside it, and within it without seeing You.


Let me show your light to others in a way that will touch their hearts rather than their ears.  Let us see your light together and rejoice in it. 


Lord,

When I help others to see your light, help me to remember that it is your light I am reflecting and not my own. Help me to remember that I do not create light but only reflect yours.  Help me to keep my mind focused on your light rather than what I do for others, for if I see You in others than I cannot have false joy in what I do.  Rather, I will have true joy at reflecting your light. 


Lord, 

I have walked away from your light many times, yet you tug at my sleeve.  You gently tug.  You firmly tug.  You sometimes light my sleeve aflame to get my attention.  


Lord,

Let me see your light.  Let me rest in it.  You are too bright for my eyes to see, but not for my heart and my soul.  Let me see your light. 


Lord,

Let me rest in your light.  Let me see your light.  Let me reflect your light. 

Lord,

Show me the path to always walk toward You.  Light the path for me, for sometimes I see You as you stand near me.  Other times, You seem so far away. 


Yet, I know you are closeby.  You walk with me.  You hold my hand.  You hold my soul.  I pray for the wisdom to always see You, no matter what other things might seem to be in the way, for I know you are near. 


Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment